About Me

My photo
Simple girl with not-so-simple thinking.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Tandoori Chicken! Mission Accomplished!

As I was working from home today, I got the chance to spend a little more time than usual in the kitchen.
Today's specialty that smoked up my kitchen: Tandoori Chicken.

Disclaimer: I did not have my good old SLR so, please excuse the picture quality of my faithful Sony Cybershot.

Serves 4
Cooking Time: 10 mins

Ingredients:
- Chicken Breasts
- Lemon and Onion rings to garnish
For Marinate:
- Salt, Chilly powder, Turmeric, Dhanya Powder, Jeera Powder
- Ginger-Garlic Paste
- Tandoori Chicken Masala; there are tons of these in the market, make your choice.
- Lemon Juice

Procedure:
1. Mix all Marinate ingredients together.
2. Chop the chicken breasts into thinner slices; this is just to ensure uniform marination and faster cooking.
3. Mix the chicken well with the marinate, keep this aside for at least 2-3 hours.



4. I got a grill like the one below for this. It comes for about 150-200 bucks in the market and is perfect for those who don't have a full fledged barbecue at home.




5. Put the chicken pieces on the grill and keep the flame low, allowing the chicken to get crisp on the outside while it gets cooked from the inside.
6. Toss the chicken periodically for uniform cooking.

Once done, decorate your serving dish well. After all, presentation is everything!
This is the gorgeous serving tray Anjali gifted me. Its my favorite out of all my serving platters.




Bon Appetite!
             

6 comments:

Dee! said...

Hi Dee...

Just started reading your blogs yesterday. You have very distinct style of writing. Like "Begging bed" was funny, "Arranging Some Love" was sincere, "Oye Amritsar" was detailed. Have not gone thru all your blogs yet but im sure there is much more on my way.

Have posted some comments on above mentioned blogs.

Keep writing (and frequently too :) )

-Dee!

Dee said...

Hey Dee!!
Thanks so much for the kind feedback. Surely, will keep jotting down :)

I am not Batman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dee said...

Hehe.. wow! That's good Arjun.
Should try that dressing next time. :)
How you doing. Hope all well.

I am not Batman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dee said...

Wow! That's huge!
I'm sure you'll sail through smooth with the SSB and Medi Board as well. :)
I'm doing good. Hubby is doing gud.
Mom Dad have moved to Bangalore as well! :D