(Image courtesy simplyrecipes.com)
I realized I had never experimented on making meat-balls. It is so easy, its unbelievable!
And the beautiful aroma of warm creamy curry fills up your senses in these winters; you'll be one happy person.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Minced Chicken - 3 cups
Garlic paste - 3 spoonful
Ginger paste - 3 spoonful
1 large Onion - chopped
2 large Tomatoes
2 slices of bread
1 cup milk (optional)
Salt, Pepper, cumin seeds, chilly powder, chicken tandoori masala/ any curry masala (optional)
Meatballs I prefer making these separately as it gives them a chance to get all roasted on the outside.
- Mix the clean minced chicken, salt, pepper and bread slices (crushed). The bread is to get them all crispy and give a good binding.
- Grease your hands and make small balls out of this minced meat. Ensure that the balls are about the size of 1 tablespoon full.
- Lay these on a flat greased vessel (non-stick preferably) on medium heat. Cover with lid.
- You'll see a beautiful creamy white color on these followed by a brownish roasted tinge. They will cook in their own chicken stock.
*Let me say that once these are ready, you'll be almost inclined to gobble them down right at this stage.
- Pour some oil in a cooking vessel. Put the cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add the chopped onions in this and let them turn golden brown.
- Add the ginger, garlic, salt, chilly now. You may add market-ready Chicken Tandoori Masala, Chole Masala etc. Give it 2 minutes on low flame.
- Add roughly cut tomatoes and cover with lid. You'll notice in 5 minutes that they turn orangish red.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of milk and 1 cup of water and let it boil. (optional step for getting a creamy gravy).
- Pour this curry on the meatballs, add a cup of water and let it simmer for about 5 mins.
Tada!! You're ready with Red Crispies Meatballs!