About Me

My photo
Simple girl with not-so-simple thinking.

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Hot, Humid, Humble Mangalore

Our lovely little trip to Mangalore had us wiping our foreheads in its scorching 30 degrees.








It was Prasad's father's sixtieth birthday celebration. I wore this for the Satyanarayan Puja. Prasad himself was in the Mund and Shawl (picture that he gladly deleted :( ).















Our ritualistic trip to Village Restaurant kept to its image especially with the Paneer Ghee Roast. Must Try! When the ghee of the previous night had us tossing and turning with guilt all night, Prasad and I headed to the serene beach at Sultan Battery. Its just a 10 minute walk from our home there. The early morning ferry to the beach put a smile on our sleepy faces.



Pabbas helped reduce our gut temperatures for sure. Not just that, Naturals ice cream is now at Mangalore! I could gorge on that Tender coconut flavor shamelessly.









Tonnes of home made food, heat, repeated baths and superior quality clean fresh air; that's what Mangalore is all about. All you people, when you need a breath of fresh air, head to this little town where roads are as small and twisted as the minds of politicians. But, the whiff of coconut shell fumes among palm trees will give you a new lease of  your tired city mind.

1 comment:

Learn Digital Marketing said...

Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!