The last time I had participated in a fashion show was back in school.
It was a cheesy, wanna-be, teenage performance. But, it was fun.
Well, I did it again. This time at work and with just double the crowd. Although I have always loved dressing up, I would say the conditions around me weren't that flattering for the occasion.
1. Thirty-minutes-FLAT to change.
2. Loads of make-up. I've been told natural goes the best on me. At least most of my close ones tell me not to scare them with red lipstick.
3. Rain. Rain. Rain.
4. A kaput Green Room. Now I must say, that the organizers took the term 'Green' Room too literally, coz it was on Grass! People, someone's wearing a two grand stilettos here!
5. Two-Grand Stilettos. Not the price. But, the height.
6. The wind. Wind is welcome when it flies kites, not skirts.
Putting all the above factors in a blender and what do you have;
1. Wet stage...Get ready to see some skating championship!
2. Drenched green room remains.
3. Me running around with stilettos in hand and skirt tucked between legs.
4. Make-up? Who cares! Didn't you read the point 3!!!
However, things are always not as bad as I make them sound. Although last picture is the supporter of my 'Go-Natural strategy'.